Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It's Going To Hurt

Day 8: 3/1/16

Today was an interesting day. Since I'm battling this kidney stone, I woke up in pain. I knew that it was going to be a challenge to "eat healthy". What I did to combat this, was plan every meal the night before. I prepped steel cut oats for the morning, I made a low fat, lower sodium, no sugar added, chile verde for my lunch. Now, the one thing I didn't plan, were any snacks. I normally, will grab the very first thing that I can find. This is not limited to snack foods. If the nearest thing is a $1 menu at a fast food joint, THAT will be my snack. Not today, though. Today, I grabbed a cup of veggies to eat, along with a few pieces of jerky. I have kicked my water intake into gear. For dinner, I made veggie breakfast burritos with some of that chile verde on top.

My rough calculations puts my intake at about 1500 calories for the day. This is more than I anticipated. After I had gastric bypass surgery, I had to work HARD to eat 500 calories a day. Yes, 500... That is why weight melted off of me. Now, that weight is like a parasite. It is holding on for dear life, and I'm going to have to fight as hard as can be to take it off.

Today marked day one of my new exercise program. I have opted to begin my new journey with an at-home workout program. The one I chose, has the DUMBEST names for any workout. It's Beachbody.com's "The Master's Hammer and Chisel"..... yep, that's a dumb name. However, even with a dumb name, it kicked my ass. Come tomorrow morning, my core, hams, glutes and back are going to be stiff and sore.

I found a quote by Vince Lombardi earlier today, and I felt like it defined my day.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment