Saturday, March 5, 2016

Lazy Isn't Always Bad.... Is It?

Day 12: 3/5/2016

The problem with weekends, is that they're typically used to do the few things that you don't get to do during the week... Which is rest. My typical weekend is spent doing as little as possible, while eating non-stop snack foods.

I've decided that my weekends are going to continue to be the thing that I need, which is a recharge. The difference in them now, will be that I can maintain healthy eating habits and plan some time for activity. My wife, Alysa, is going through this journey with me. She is working her own program while I work mine. She and I get to bond over the things that we can come up with to be active. Of course, today is not that day, as we've decided to really relax and recharge.

I've been reading quotes from people who live a life of perseverance. I came across this one from Bear Grylls. Like him or not, he's had an amazing life, full of challenges.
He said: "Survival can be summed up in three words - never give up. That's the heart of it really. Just keep trying."

I would like to say, to those that have reached out to me in support, It means the world to me. I've had such an amazing show of friendship from many. You all help keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment