Saturday, March 26, 2016

Commit!!!

Day 33: 3/26/2016

Today, I was faced with an interesting situation. My beautiful wife, who is also on her own weight loss journey decided that she wanted to go out for Saturday brunch. I'm always up for taking her out, she's an awesome date, all the time. So, she decided on "The Original Pancake House"

We arrived, and waited for a good while to get in. When we sat down, she was so excited to choose some foods for a cheat meal for herself. I was excited for her. When the menu came, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to partake in the normal foods that I would love to have while eating there. They had ONE thing on the menu that aligned with my goal, and that was a veggie scramble with egg whites.

The internal turmoil began. What normally would have been a very negative situation, turned around for me. Not because the food was great, because it wasn't. It was egg whites, with broccoli, onions, and mushrooms. I choked it down, with some black coffee, and sat there. I finally realized, I had already given myself a cheat a couple days ago, I don't need to feel bad for making healthy choices.

I'm so glad that I have a partner in life that wants to push themselves for greater things. Alysa has been sticking to her program really well and is not only losing weight, but is starting to make healthier choices all around. I'm so proud. It makes this journey a lot easier.

I can accept that I have goals, and it will be hard. It's not about today's meal. It's about the collective meals that equal a better, longer, healthier life.

Holiday weekends tend to make it easier for me to say no to healthy and embrace all the things in food that come with celebrations, ie. sugar, high calories, comfort food.

Well, this weekend, it's vegetables and lean protein for me. I AM COMMITTED!!! In a year from now, that commitment is going to pay off in a big way.

Keep the dream alive.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment