Monday, March 14, 2016

Rambling...

Day 21: 3/14/2016

Normally, I LOVE to cook. I'm not your standard good cook. I'm a "radicaltastic-holy-amazeballs" cook. I guess from my desire to eat amazing food, and not having a lot of money, I needed to learn how to make things. I grew up on actual, REAL, Mexican food. None of this wannabe, bad excuse for "Tex-Mex" like Cafe Rio. It took me a while to figure out my own style of cooking. I would say that I have a fusion type of cuisine. I mix real Mexican flavors, into other types of cuisine, like "New American". This type of cuisine, doesn't always lend itself to the side of healthy. A lot of fatty meats, butter, cream, flour, frying, etc.

This brings me to my current dilemma. Even though I love to cook, and I have been learning how to cook healthy food, lately..... I don't want to. It brings me no joy anymore. Due to this, I end up skipping meals. The battle is that on one hand, I don't want to spend the time to cook healthy food. On the other, I don't want to ruin my progress by eating crappy food. That frustration takes over, and I end up not eating. Like right now, I'm sitting here, writing this, I haven't eaten since my prep'd lunch at 11:30 this morning. So all together, I've had steel cut oats for breakfast, and a roasted chicken wrap with veggies and low carb tortilla, and a greek yogurt...... All together, about 650 calories for my day.

Sigh..... I don't know what to do to get rid of this issue. It's been going on for over a week, now.

Frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment