Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Remember Your Motivation

Day 15: 3/8/2016

Today was rough. It was a rough day at work. It was a rough day for my noisy brain. It was a tough day for cravings. It was even a rough day for my beautiful wife. All in all, I would say that if today had genitals, I would punch it.

I struggle with food on days like this. When you feel like the tenth shade of doodoo butter, food makes you feel good. I can tell you that right now, heading to my favorite restaurant in Salt Lake City  (Eva) sounds like the ONE thing that will make the crappiness of the day go away. They make a fig and pig pizza that makes your soul wonder why there was ever even a problem in the day. SEE, my brain is weird. It's almost a pathetic feeling. When I think about it, I'm willing to ruin progress over a bad day.....

That brings me to my current state. I CHOSE not to go overboard. I still made my calorie goal for the day and I feel that tomorrow gives me a chance to feel better about today.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love comic book heroes. I see so much of myself in their characters and I'm given so much inspiration from their fight, and their words. They give me motivation to be better. Here's a partial quote from Captain America (Steve Rogers), Please note that this quote means something specific to me, but I think anyone can read this and derive their own meaning.

"When the mob, the press, and the whole world tell YOU to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world; No. You move." 

No comments:

Post a Comment