Friday, April 15, 2016

I'm Stressed... That Doesn't Make Me Special.

Day 53: 4/15/16

I avoid talking about the things that cause my "down" moods as much as I can. I've been thinking about it today, and maybe that's a mistake. I try to be as honest as I possibly can on this blog, so here I go.

Here is a list of things that cause that stress level to impact my ability to fight on at any given time.


  • Work stress
  • Feelings of inadequacy in my job/marriage/friendships/life
  • Family drama
  • Marriage woes
  • Physical illness
  • Financial worries
  • Home ownership issues (stupid friggin dryer)
  • insert whatever else here
The point is.... these things aren't special. I'm just like everyone else. Everyone has stress in their life. The reason successful people are successful, is their ability to stare the stresses in the damn face and move forward in the direction they want to go. 

So, as I'm preparing to truly tackle phase II, I need to learn how to cope with stress. I'm thinking getting back into boxing just may be the trick. Thanks to my pal Patrick, I'm going to get a crash course on Monday 4/25....

I'm going to post a video of me puking during that workout, just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment