Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Freedom

Day 51: 4/13/2016

This isn't a 4 month, 6 month, 1 year, 5 year journey. This is a lifestyle journey. I deserve to live a long, happy, healthy life, but it comes at the cost of giving up the gluttonous and lazy lifestyle.

I am now able to give myself a little bit of the foods that normally I'd have to say "absolutely not ever" to. On day 6, if I gave myself some of my favorite pizza (Village Baker here in UT) I wouldn't be able to stop. One pizza would turn into many pizza's, with cheeseburgers as the topping.

Being healthy is something that has been an abstract concept to me. Healthy has meant that I get my 3 meals in a day and I get some sleep. That's not enough. I owe it to myself to be the best version of me. I remember a year after my gastric bypass surgery, I was truly able to do things that I had not been able to do since I was a teenager. I want that again. Sure, I want to look extra beefcake-like to my wife, but that's not anything she's ever asked me to do. She'll love me no matter what, but it doesn't hurt to have your spouse want you even more.

This provides me freedom. I don't feel trapped by this journey like I did when I started. This phase is slow to start... I'm not going to lie. I'm not giving every effort that I know I have. I have no doubt that I'm ready, though.

I've had some excellent feedback to my challenge I gave a couple of days ago. Some of the goals that were sent to me, inspire me to improve my own. Kudos to you who have made those goals.

Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment