Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hurdles

Day 6: 2/28/16

Every journey is riddled with stories of triumph. The reason they're triumphant is because it is due to a rigorous fight against something in the way of the success of that journey.

Today, a kidney stone is that hurdle. It's weird because you would think that a kidney stone has nothing to do with eating healthy. Here's the deal. Whenever I'm in the kind of pain that a kidney stone provides, the only thing that soothes the soul, are pain killers. If I can't have those, then comfort food is my jam!
Despite this being my reality right now, I did good today. I woke up with a zeal to come up with new ideas for healthy, GOOD tasting food. I made a veggie filled egg white omelette. I'll post the recipe, and a picture, below.

Thus begins a new week.... More meal planning. I start my new exercise program. I fight the battle of the kidney stone.
I feel an overwhelming amount of support from family and friends. Thank you for those who read and follow.

EGG WHITE FRITTATA

Ingredients
8 egg whites
2 eggs with yolk
3/4 cup of diced bell pepper (I used red, yellow, and orange)
1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
1 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup baby spinach (ribboned)
1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese (substitute any type of your choice)
1/3 cup of fat free half and half
1 tsp Lowry's seasoned salt
1 tsp black pepper

Instructions
mix all ingredients together minus 1/2 cup of the sliced mushrooms to be placed on top of the mixture once placed in the pie tin.
Take a standard pie dish, spray with non-stick spray (I used canola oil). Pour mixture into pie dish, lay the last of of the mushrooms in a decorative fashion. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 min (or until the mixture is no longer "jiggly")

No comments:

Post a Comment