Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pain... Yep!!! PAIN!!!

Day 113: 6/14/2016

The wonderful thing about being in horrible shape, is that your body tells you in the meanest and most honest way just how horrible of shape you're in.

As I stated yesterday, I started boxing, and I started my new food plan. For those of you who don't know, the reason I love boxing as an exercise, is that it is natural body movement that works muscles that I just haven't been able to work with conventional weight lifting. I'm not knocking weight lifting, or running, or crossfit. I've liked all of them at some point... BUT, every single boxing workout, works the entire body. It leaves those like me, in pain the next day.... and the next day after that.... and the next day after that.

Today, was one big test. I planned my food for my day. I had a nice array of vegetables for lunch. However, today wasn't the normal "go to work, put the lunch in the fridge" kind of day... I attended a fun conference for work today in which I didn't have a fridge for my prepped food. By the time lunch time rolled around, my vegetables were wilted and yucky. My conference, although enjoyable, also shared the same space as a bakery and a biscuit restaurant.... So I had those smells going on in my nose holes for a while.... Then, with no lunch, watched everyone else who isn't the size of a manatee (like me) enjoy some delicious catered food. None of which are on my food plan....

I stayed strong and didn't give into my enormous temptations. I almost went to the biscuit place to ask them if I could just smell a fresh biscuit.... Yeah, I'm that guy.

I drank water, ate some raw almonds, and said curse words in my head the whole time.

Then, I went to day 2 of boxing, which turned out to be kickboxing class. I'm 100% sure I looked like a newborn obese baby deer running into a punching bag.

I'm in pain, I'm sore, ALL over. For the first time in a long time, I'm ok with it. It means I am kicking my own ass. Pain isn't weakness leaving the body. Pain is strength building up every aspect of who you are as a person.

To end this post, here is my tired, sweaty face after today's kickboxing. Thanks Title Boxing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment